Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Best Introduction to Anthropology Syllabus - Four Fields | Anthropology Report

Best Introduction to Anthropology Syllabus - Four Fields | Anthropology Report: "After posting my four fields Introduction to Anthropology syllabus to the American Anthropological Association Teaching Materials Exchange, I’ve been updating my Four Fields Textbook Review concentrating on the themes of human nature, race, and evolution.

I’ve returned to the Teaching Materials exchange in search of the best Introduction to Anthropology syllabus for a comprehensive four fields course, and I’ve also scoured the internet to find a syllabus to go with each of the textbooks I reviewed. Unfortunately besides my own there is only one other four fields Introduction to Anthropology syllabus at the AAA Teaching Materials Exchange. It’s by Angela Kristin VandenBroek, author of the very helpful How to be an Anthropologist blog.

VandenBroek uses the condensed Kottak, which I had not previously reviewed, but here is an updated review of Window on Humanity, 5th Edition. For some great reflections on teaching Introduction to Anthropology, see VandenBroek’s Ugh. Textbooks."

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment